Minoxidil is a topical medication. It comes as:
- 2%-5% scalp cream
- 5% foam
What is this medicine utilized for?
Minoxidil is applied to the scalp to boost hair growth as well as to reduce balding. Minoxidil thickens strands of hair strands and prolongs the growing phase of the hair.
The enhancement price varies from one person to another. For pattern baldness in male or female, if hair development is most likely to occur with making use of minoxidil, it typically takes place after the medication has actually been used for a minimum of 3 to 6 months as well as lasts just as long as the medication continues to be made use of. Hair loss will start again within a couple of months after minoxidil therapy is stopped.
How should I utilize this medicine?
- Apply twice a day or as guided by your medical professional.
- It is important that the advised dosage is followed. Utilizing an increased dose might increase the side effects, but might not improve development of hair.
- Apply the amount prescribed for the location of the under-treatment part of the scalp. Follow your medical professional’s instructions on how to apply the remedy, using the applicator given.
- It is not needed to shampoo hair, as well as scalp before application. Ensure your hair and scalp are totally dry before using this medication.
- Do not shampoo your hair for at the very least 4 hours after using minoxidil.
- Right away after using this medicine, clean your hands to get rid of any medication that may get on them.
- Do not use a hairdryer for drying the scalp after you use minoxidil. If you blow your hair using a hairdryer on the scalp might make the therapy much less reliable.
- Permit minoxidil to dry completely before utilizing various other styling products, for example, mousse, gels, or prior to going to sleep.
- Minoxidil can discolor clothing or bedding if your scalp or hair is not completely dry after utilizing the medication.