Thanks to medical sensors (sphygmomanometer, glucometer, oxymeter, electrocardiograph, etc...) specific softwares, Internet and broadband, it is possible to follow-up easily the evolution of a pathology of somebody, log his state of health on the personal medical records, pass on alerts to the doctor or medical imagery to have more efficient care...
Thus, all the flats in the residences designed by MEDeTIC are equipped with captors to monitor residents activity. Additionally some common places in these residences could also be equipped with a “telemedical chair”.
This telemedical chair will be used to:
- Obtain a fast and reliable medical check-up using all the medical sensors grouped on the telemedical chair: scales, sphygmomanometer, glucometer, oxymeter, electrocardiograph...
- Present synthetically the medical and social data as well as the care plan by real time display on a screen touch-sensitive
- Constant or on demand monitoring of the data from medical sensors; remote secure access
- Remote or local monitoring of the state of health
- Generate alerts in case of anomaly as compared to the individually defined norm and to the treatment protocol
- Identify medical and social contributors and their prescriptions
- Eventually teleconsult
- Integrate data to the personal medical file
The software system of the chair assured a watch and a log of the state of health. It is equipped of artificial intelligence to process signals received which lead by combining the analysis of different signals to adapt the answer (no alert → urgent alert → vital urgency).
A version called “Totem”, which will include some medical sensors, is plan to do auto-measures and answer to needs of monitoring of some of medical parameters.
There is also works concerning:
- Research on the mechanisms to reinforced QoS (Quality of Service) and SdF (Safety of Functioning).
- Analysis and exploitation of raw data (supervision system with AI to transform raw data from sensors into intelligible data for the users).
- Body sensor Network.
- The development of medical data bases and web service to achieve to data.
- Conception of human-computer interfaces suitable for users.