Research and development
MEDeTIC association has been selected to take part in research programs.
1. « Euréka » Project (2006-2009) the french consortium of EUREKA ITEA «NUADU» european project, financed by Minister of Industry, chose MEDeTIC to be the integrator and the coordinator of the only French pilot site (Elderly house, la Roselière in Kunheim)
2. PREDICA project of falls detection for seniors (RNTS 2005 Network).
3. Many other research project were filed or pending:
- DAHLIA project : French project financed by a branch of Minister of Industry and National Human service Agency, aiming at using new information and communication technologies in order to improve the operation and use of human services. Filed in April 2008, this project has been approved by the worldwide competitiveness cluster named “Alsace BioValley”
- AAL (Assisted Ambient Living) European projects « So Sweet Home » and “AWARE HOME”, financed by Europe and French national solidarity Agency, were filed in August 2008
- LIFERING project : Project CORDIS (FP7) with MULTITEL (Belgium).
- EUROSTARS European project (Cluster EUREKA)
- Bilateral Franco-Israeli project “FIRAD” collaboration in medical sensor are pending.
MEDeTIC is involved in development, in particular with many partnerships:
- Industrial Partnerships: Philips, Alcatel, Nokia, INT, CEA, Multitel, Legrand, Schneider Electric
- Institutional Partnerships: LSIIT (Strasbourg), LORIA (Nancy), Fraunhofer Institut (Germany)
- University Partnerships: LAUREPS (Rennes), Ecole polytechnique de Nancy-Lorraine
- Member of WABT (Worldwide biotechnology Academy)
- Partner of the Alsace-BioValley competitiveness cluster
- MEDeTIC association is member of the CATEL board
Consequently, MEDeTIC Research projects are mainly focused on three areas regarding the new information and communication technologies and health:
1. Technological research:
- in home automation and telemedecine fields, in order to install services and telemonitoring systems in residence
- to follow chronic diseases
- to develop sportsman monitoring
2. Medical program management and experience follow-up.
In addition with network organization, the goal is to encourage:
- enactment of these technologies by person (use, usefulness, acceptability)
- patients awareness regarding their illness and their disability (liability, self monitoring, …)
- ethic and social reflection on remote system use
- economical reflection to reduce costs in health care use.
3. MEDeTIC is often chosen to organize and coordinate research pilot plan in particular to supply research environment for engineers and industrials. MEDeTIC furnishes research platform composed by open residence and actimetry/medical database to create and valid behaviour model and diagnosis assistance.
Our engineers are currently working on these aspects more precisely the new information and communication technologies and the legal issue of telemedecine liabilities.